Saturday, February 14, 2009

Random Thoughts- 12

Recently I had been called to preach in a church in Dubai, UAE. (a church where I had never been and where I knew no one except the pastor who called me) As usual the night before the event, I was at the feet of the Lord asking for God's counsel regarding the message and also for getting His leading for praying for specific needs of the people in the congregation, that the Lord revealed.

Among other things, the still small voice said, "Pray for Roshan."
Many a times, I am wary of calling out names of people in the congregation, but still I obey the Lord's leading.

So, here I was in a church with a congregation of around 50 people. After the worship, the pastor introduced me and said "Dr. Johnson will be speaking in English and the message will be translated into Malayalam(a local language of South India) by (guess who)....Roshan.

"Bull's eye"...I said in my heart and as I went up on the stage, here was Roshan, an upcoming minister, standing next to me, ready to translate. I showed him my small noteslip from the night before on which was written "Pray for Roshan" and he was delighted that the Lord had specifically mentioned his name to me.

May be a small incident, but it had a major impact on the guy and on the congregation that night. Marvellous are the ways of God. Praise the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment