Saturday, February 14, 2009

Random Thoughts- 20

I saw a tigerstriped kitten jump from one bonnet of a car to another in a parking lot. It seemed to have taken it as a new game. It jumped from one to another and then another. I don't know what the owners would have thought about that but it seemed not to care a hoot. We exchanged glances for a second; it looked at me like I was a predator, so I just walked ahead. The next vehicle that it had to jump was higher and a bit far, so as I walked I thought that would be the last it would be jumping. Thud.. came a sound from behind and I looked back expecting it to be on the road and in discomfort, but to my surprise I found it standing tall on the Pajero bonnet.

Could that have been a "leap of faith"? Perhaps it was, though the kitten may never have realized it.

There's always an element of risk when we attempt things/projects with faith in God and His Word. That "suppose it doesn't work" thought often hinders us from doing things for the Lord.

King Nebuchadnezzar had ordered Daniel's friends to be thrown into the fiery furnace. But they answered,
"If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and he will rescue us from your hand, O king. But even if he does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up." (Daniel 3:17,18)

They had faith in God, but there was an element of risk involved too as we see from what they told the king. But God honored their faith and no harm befell them.

So shall we put our faith in to action?

No comments:

Post a Comment