Saturday, February 14, 2009

Random Thoughts- 24

I was walking in the mall holding my younger daughter's hand and we came to an escalator. As we neared it, she said, "Hold my hand properly Dad, I am afraid, I may fall while I am on it." I smiled and for a second I acted as if I was releasing her hand from my grip. She held on tightly and as we reached the top, I told her half in jest, "I will hold your hand like this till I give you in marriage to someone who will hold your hand from then onwards." She smiled and we went ahead with our shopping that evening.

Later as I thought about it, God put a few thoughts of His in my mind. He said, "The Holy Spirit does the same thing for each and every believer. He holds your hand and guides you through the path of life here on earth and then will hand you over in to the hand of the bridegroom when the time comes. Fears may come in your lives but He will never leave you till He has completed his duty to take you through to the end."

The Lord says and we read in the book of Isaiah,
"For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." (Isaiah 41:13)

He also says,
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)

Praise the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment