Saturday, February 14, 2009

Random Thoughts- 21

I was at the super-market the other night and was buying some groceries when I saw a cute little girl, maybe 4-5 years old running through the store, tapping her father's hand and then running back. She did this for a while enjoying it to the maximum and my spirit rejoiced at the innocent mirth. Then I lost sight of her until I came near the ice-cream section and there she was with her hands in the open freezer scooping out some ice at the sides. She saw me and suddenly there was that look of being caught red-handed by someone. I looked the other way, then out of curiosity just looked back and there she was filling her mouth with the ice she scooped out. I had a good laugh seeing that and as I walked back home, the scene still lingered in my mind.

Sometimes we as believers also indulge in such minor mischiefs and I guess at that time we just do it thinking that no one is seeing, but the Father is always there watching. I wonder whether he smiles at our discrepancies! Perhaps he does except when we overdo it and hurt the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment