Saturday, February 14, 2009

Random Thoughts- 6

Faith involves taking risks, but taking unwanted risks in the name of faith can be dangerous and invite problems into our life.

The other day I was out for dinner with my friends. The friend who picked me up that night has a wondeful car and as we travelled to the restaurant, I was surprised by the way he was driving.....overspeeding. Time and again as he accelerated, I kept jamming the imaginary brakes in front of me. (I believe some of you have done that.)

Now, he's a good believer but I think accidents caused by overspeeding doesn't come in God's protection coverage. Believers need self-control, one of the ingredients of the "fruit of the spirit"

There's no point in complaining, "God didn't avert the accident, after one has been overspeeding." We have to respect the traffic laws that are laid down by the govt."

Once a servant of God received the anointing and gift of prophesy while driving his car and he was very happy and asked the Lord, "What must I do now?"

"For a start, said the Lord," Slow down the car."

No comments:

Post a Comment