Saturday, February 14, 2009

Random Thoughts- 19

As I walk to work each day, I come to a place where I have to cross 3 traffic signals simultaneously. Sometimes I have to wait at each signal, wait for the green and cross, then wait again for the green and cross and the same again for the last crossing. But today was different. As I reached the 1st crossing, the green was blinking and I hurried through, the second had me walking through casually as the signal was green and as I crossed the 2nd, I could view the green at the far end of the 3rd crossing starting to blink green. As I scampered across and reached the other side, the red was on and the vehicles rushed past.

Funny how life is so similar to these crossings. Some places we get stuck with problems and have to wait for God's openings and deliverances, sometimes we just have to hurry to keep pace with God's moves and some places we just scamper through escaping the evil one's schemes by a small fraction.
Sometimes doors just open up one after the other like the 3 green signals that I crossed today.

I just thought about the Israelites crossing the Red Sea. They were all walking on dry ground with the walls of water on either side. Most of them must have hurried through, not very sure whether they would really get to the other side. There were no traffic signals though, just a man of faith raising his staff and stretching out his hand over the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment