Saturday, February 14, 2009

Random Thoughts- 17

It's good that trees don't have ears or eyes, because this morning I saw a gardener pruning a tree with an electric saw. I was walking to work when I saw this tree among many similar ornamental trees on the sidewalk being pruned by an uniformed guy. Imagine the tree seeing this guy walking upto it and switching on the electric saw. Imagine it hearing the motor running. That would have been terrible. And being rooted it cannot possibly run away too. Totally helpless.

And so terrible this pruning. The tree would have lamented, "All those good leaves that I just put out.....all gone. Terrible, terrible...
And then the guy walks away as if nothing happened. No one else around seems to be bothered either that the tree suffered such humiliation. A few see it standing now, well dressed, so as to say; perfect as the one who planted it would have desired.

"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. (John 15:1, 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment