Saturday, February 14, 2009

Random Thoughts- 15

While having lunch in a restaurant yesterday, a man sitting nearby approached me and asked, "Can I borrow your salt?"
He just wanted the salt dispenser which was kept on my table, but the way he asked it made me think about what Jesus said once,
"Salt is good, but if it loses its saltiness, how can you make it salty again? Have salt in yourselves, and be at peace with each other." (Mark 9:50)

The second part says, " Have salt in yourselves..." and the man asked me, "can I borrow your salt?" Funny, but something to ponder about.

So do I have enough salt to give? Salt brings flavor to so many dishes and can I give flavor to people around me? The flavor of Christ!
Can others experience Christ through my talking, my dealing and my day to day living???
Many people do not accept our testimony because we are not living out "Christ"; we are still living the old life. Not as the Apostle Paul said, " I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (Galatians 2:20)

God help me too, to have salt and also not loose it's saltiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment