Saturday, February 14, 2009

Random Thoughts- 22

Walking back from work yesterday was an ordeal. I was dejected and depressed and thoughts of defeat were hounding me. I had been praying for receiving my labor contract and labor card for the past 2 months, but it had not yet arrived. On it depended my sponsoring my wife and children in Dubai, UAE where I stay now. The children had to submit their visa page in school.

With all this burden on me, I had a prayer meeting to conduct at 8 pm. I didn't want to do anything. Didn't want to pray, to sing, to preach, nothing.....
But for me there was no option as far as I saw. In the past 15 yrs. or so of my ministry, many such situations have arisen, but the Lord has taken me through them by His amazing grace.

So here I was again standing before a small group of people with so much heaviness in my spirit, yet when I did what I had to do i.e. conduct the meeting as I usually do- praise, pray & preach; things started changing. The burden started to lift and by the time I finished with the closing prayer & benediction, I was free from all the problems that were plaguing my mind. It's not that I had received an answer to my prayers, but the promise of the Lord was being fulfilled:
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (John 14:27)"
Praise God for His mercies.

No comments:

Post a Comment